Friday 22 December 2006

Christmas cards, stamps and...Christmas cards...


First day on my winter break, I was working with our "around-200" Christmas cards, I put stamps on every envelope, and after that, I closed all envelopes. I didn't do this with my tongue! But with a sponge, but it took me half the day. Over 100 to outside Sweden, and around 100 to people in Sweden. One stamp for abroad costs 10 swedish crowns, and more than 100 of them, plus 5 crowns for each Swedish stamps... I realized how much we spend every year on Christmas cards! If it was only for the stamps, well okay, but mum printed all cards with a colour printer from the computer, so all the papers for that, all ink, and all envelopes... If I rethink, it's quite much...

But I think it's worth it, I think most people like to get a Christmas card from someone you know, so maybe those we send our cards to are happy to get one. I hope so.. (^^)

And today, the weather is not the best, but the temperature has gone upwards, the snow I wrote about is almost gone, maybe there won't be a white Christmas after all. I think it wasn't any white Christmas last year, not on Christmas Eve, but the snow came the day after Eve. So it was a half white Christmas. In Sweden, Christmas Eve is the main day, bigger than Christmas day (the 25th december). It's on Eve when Santa Claus cames and gives everyone a present.

Only two days left till Christmas...


No comments: