Monday 13 July 2009

"Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has"

Lately, I've been watching movies. And I picked up Star Wars Episode II, I love that movie. I think it's my favourite in the Star Wars Saga. The evening after I watched Episode III. It's the darkest one, and once again I realize what a sad story it's behind the whole Saga. I love the whole Star Wars Universe, I would like to visit a place like it, like Coruscant, or Naboo with the beautiful nature. I'll probably pick up Episode IV too, soon. It was a long time since I last saw it.

And soon it's been 40 years since Armstrong put his foot on the moon. On the TV, they're showing programs about the history of space crafts. Today I saw a program where they showed how it started, how USA and Russia tried to be the better one, the first one on going to space, the first one to get to the moon, the first ever to step a foot on the moon. Lots of things I already knew, but I hadn't seen the real videos so many times, that was interesting. And there were things I didn't knew about, like how many times Russia failed to get cosmonauts safely back to earth, how many times both countries actually lost their astronauts/cosmonauts. There was so many people involved, and people lost to get human beings into space. How hard it was, how much pressure for each countries to get first, win the competition about space.
It was really interesting.

So now I see the moon, tried to take some photos, but failed to take something good.
I was thinking back to the TV-program, realizing that there was a history, at the same time wondering how it felt to get there so close, to step on the moon's surface. And how much the people on earth that's been working on getting there, what they felt when the cameras filmed the moon, the earth seeing from the moon's horizon. It must've been amazing.

One of my dreams was being an astronaut.
Now I recall why I wanted to be it. And also, how hard it must be to actually make it come true. Now it's just a dream of a dream for me, daydreaming. But who knows, maybe there will be a space tourism in some years, maybe I'll be able to get to space as a tourist some day in my life. Let's hope.


PS. Btw, Harrison Ford turns 67 yrs today (13th). Congrats Han Solo!

No comments: