Friday 17 July 2009

"Harry?!" - "Sir??"

I've finally seen Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. I dunno why but I've wanted to watch it for a long time. And yesterday night I went and saw it. The huge auditorium was filled with people, on every chair! And because I was late getting a ticket, I got one out of two last tickets. I sat on the balcony, but I had a huge head in front of me... I tried to sit on my knees, to see if I could get a bit higher over the head, but after a while my feet hurted, and I had to sit in a different way... And so I went on during the whole movie. But it seems I sat on a better place than my friends who sat on the usual seats, but way on the back. (Yeah, they took tickets before I jumped in and wanted to go with them).

Anyway, on to the movie. I'm not good at reviews, but let's try. No spoilers.
My friends wasn't so satisfied with the movie, but I think it was better than I hoped. I mean, there wasn't so much tension in the whole thing, but they've got some bright moments here and there. And the jokes were far better than some other HP movies. What I felt was, those important moments you read in the book wasn't lifted up so much. Like "who was the half-blood prince?" or how Harry tried to figure out who the half-blood prince was, or even the moment when he got to know who it was. Those kind of important moments were not so strong in this one. I think that was the most disappointed thing in the movie.
And it felt that Lavendel Brown took a lot of space, more than Hagrid, in the movie. I barely saw Hagrid, and I love him!
But anyway, it's always hard to get a book into a movie. Not many of these that really succeeds.

Now I'm waiting desperately for Public Enemies!!

No comments: