Friday 1 May 2009

Overcome...


Today I finished reading this book: "Overcome - Alexei Yagudin". A biography of Alexei, I bought this book some years ago, but didn't have time to sit and read it. But now when I really got time, I started to read it before go to bed. But it was so exciting to read it, so I ended up reading it as soon as I had some time doing nothing. It was really interesting, and you got to know what really happened in his mind and around him during all these years until his rise as an alltime champion. Sometimes when I read the book, I watched his performances on YouTube to really understand what he meant in the book. So I was watching at the same time I was reading. It was good, because then I got the chance to watch his previous programs around 10 years ago from now.
The book was published year 2004, I think.

After reading this, I really understand now that it takes so much to really become a champion in figure skating. Looking at my brother, it seems like he's got no chance. Okay, if he only wants to participate, then okay maybe. But to really become something... And I think the same of Evgeni Plushenko, I think he was giving everything too and wanted the same thing as Alexei.


So, first of May. Time to turn the next page of the GLAY calendar of 2009. The coming two months, I'll be looking at Takuro. The last two months were Teru. Now's the leader. And it's the time when I really have to do something.

The trees and everything blooms now, everything is slightly green and I think that makes my eye still red a bit, and it's only the left eye. So I haven't been wearing my lenses today. Which means, I have to wear glasses, which means that I can't see that clear.
Oh, how much I hate to have bad eyes... I really envy my second brother, he's the only one in our family that got splendid eye sight.
Anyway, I have to go and eat something.

No comments: