Wednesday 31 January 2007

Istrofén


This last weekend, we had our competition at home, in Stockholm. Istrofén.
The first day, it was all shiny with the sun.

We skated as the last team in the short program. We didn't skate our best, we were on a fourth place. But we had good support from the public, because we were on our home field.

The day after, we skated our free program. We were going to skate as the first team. It was good, because then we wouldn't have time to get nervous and hear the other team's music and points and so on.
And we did skate well, I felt so good after the program. We gained quite okay points. But after this, the hard time would come. We had to wait for the other teams' points. And then we would know how we did.

I didn't wanted to look how the other teams were skating, because that would make me even more nervous about the points. So two other team mates and me got to the changing room, listening to music in high volume, so that we wouldn't be hearing the outside.
But I was curious, so I was running back and forward, in and out from the rink. But after a while, I settled down in the changing room along with the other two.

After some almost-heart-attacking minutes, all the teams had skated, and we got the final results. We had come to a fourth place... Even if we and two other teams had came on the same place at all the three competitions, we knew that we had too few points to get to the World Championships for Juniors... The mood wasn't the best ever, but after a while, everybody becan to realize the truth and we couldn't do nothing about it. And our coaches said that we skated well and we did what we could, but this time, we couln'd go that far.

After the prize ceremony, we went home. I was not in any good mood, just sitting trying to realize it. I was so tired, I fell "asleep" on my bed. But I was still hearing what the others did in the house. It felt like I was deadly tired, after all the nervosity and things like that.

But now I feel better, and we had gained new strenght, we're going to get revenge in about a month, when it is the National Championship (Swedish championship), here in Stockholm too.
Then we'll show everybody who's the real champion!! MOAHAHA!





No comments: