Friday 2 March 2007

Confusion

I went to the cinema with some friends today, and we watched the movie "Blood Diamond" with Leonardo DiCaprio. There, some of the children were taken by the rebellion and made as child soldiers, and had no other choise but to do what they were told. And the other people in Sierra Leone had no choise but to try surviving all the gun shots and other terrible things.
I can't believe that these things actually happened a few years ago, and that there are still so many children that still are child soldiers, who can't choose whether to want to be it or not.

We're all humans, but such difference between us! No wonder that there are wars, the earth is sick, animals who can't survive. What kind of creature humans are. It's so unbelieveable, humans are the smartest, but still the most egoistic, and not always the smartest.

So much bad things that's made by humans, how are we suppose to survive when we just do harm to ourselves?

But still, even if there are so many horrible things, there are good things too.
A smile.
I was listening to TERU's radio program on the internet, and he was talking about smiles. One smile, with happy feelings, can make other people happy, other beings around, happy.
If a student gets good grades on a test, she smiles, and maybe other people sees her smile, and they feel some kind of happiness, maybe small, but still a happiness that brings a smile on their lips to. And so it goes on, from one to another. A smile is something powerful, and good.
And I hope that one day, we'll end up happily smiling to eachother, doesn't need words, doesn't need anything but the smile on the lips.

After seing the movie, I was a bit sad. Me and my friends talked about it, about not being able to help those who was in the situation. We had a kind of an awkward feeling about the whole thing, and that it's not just this situation, but other that still are excisting today.
But I was thinking while walking home. Sure there are things to help those people, by many ways. It's just our decision to choose one of the ways. Maybe as a politician who brings the problem up and really do something about it. Or why not a photographer who can show the world how it is. Or a volunteer who actually goes to the places and helps. It is just up to us to choose one way, or two if possible.

But is it that easy?
I was thinking about myself. What would I choose? How would I do?

I have a whole lifetime to plan, I can decide almost whatever. So, what is my plan?
The thing is, I can sit here and write like this, but do I have the right to write this, say all this, when I'm so confused myself?

Confused....

aah, this isn't going to make me smarter, think I'll stop here. Before I get any more confused.

No comments: