Wednesday 21 March 2007

Zagreb Snowflakes Trophy 2007


Season's last competition, and my last competition in the synchronized skating career.
This competition, held in Zagreb, Croatia, was good and a good ending. Thinking back, I've been learning a lot about skating. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to actually learn things that no one elsen teach me. I've become friends with people I wouldn't have met, if it wasn't for the team.
Now, I've just put some of my photos here, I have over 300 pics from this competition. But it'll be hard to put all of them here.



This, one sunny day (well, it was sunny every day, around 20 degrees, and it was spring time!), this is between the official practice and the short program competition. We went to the town, and me and my friend just had to buy strawberries. They were delicious!


This is the day after. Between the official practice and the free program. We were in town again, but in other parts. Then we saw this figure, and my two friends wanted to pose with the grafitti, and I took a shot!



This is when we are waiting for the prize ceremony. We're waiting just outside the ice. So we took some shots while waiting. This is one of the better pictures... (^^)
After the prize ceremony, we took team photos. But after that, we had a cry-out party. There are at least 6-7 of us that aren't going to skate with the team anymore, I'm one of them. Everybody were crying in each other's arms. It was so sad. I felt that this really was the last competition, and the end.
When we got to the hotel, we gathered in one of our rooms, and talked happy and good memories with the team. At the same time, we ate the gifts from the other teams (candies and stuff).



The last day, on our way home. This is outside the airport. We're enjoying the last moments of Zagreb and the sunny spring day, because we're on the way home to the colder, clouder Sweden.
Thinking back at the moments with the team, it's been unbelieveable and fun. I'm surely going to miss all this, and all teammates. We had difficulties, and the practices wasn't always the best. But those happy memories takes over the bad ones, and just by looking back I don't want to quit. But what to do, I can't become younger.
But this trip is going to be one of the happy memories.
I want to thank Northern Lights for giving me all those experiences and memories.
THANK YOU!!!



No comments: