Monday 28 June 2010

Bulgaria, Istanbul, etc...

Well well well, it's been a long time since last time. I'm quite bad at updating here... I'm terribly sorry.

I can tell that the driver's licence test is delayed until August, because my driver teacher didn't want me to do the test when I was up in north...
But now I got time to practice enough before the test. If I fail, I will have to redo both the driving test and the theory test..... so I have to make it.



Now I'm in Bulgaria with two friends. We've been here since 14th June. We've done many things together and it's been fun! (^^)
This weekend, we were travelling to Istanbul with a charter bus. The guide is a friend of my dad's. The trip to Istanbul wasn't good, since the guide was talking non-stop during the most of the trip. But the city itself was so awesome!!
The streets were really good, no holes or anything bad like in Bulgaria, no garbage on the street sides. But the people on the streets were like 90% men or more...!!

We went to the biggest tourist attractions together with the charter group and the bus. That was good because otherwise, you would never be able to go to the places on your own. The city is incredibly big and you get lost even if you have a map. But I'll definitely visit the city again one day, because three days were too short to be there.

Something we weren't prepared for was how many people were talking to us on the streets. My dad and cousins told us that people can come and talk with us, wants us to come for a coffee or something, mostly dangerous situations and so on. But that people would talk to us every single meter was unexpectedly.
But we prepared us the second time we were going out in the city, and it felt much better. Kinda good too, because you don't get the attention in other countries, but here people were talking all the time. Maybe because we were looking differently, or maybe because we were girls from somewhere else.

It was a great weekend and I'm happy we choose to go, even if there were times you wanted to smash something (when we travelled with the bus and not getting any rest because the guide was talking nonstop). But it was a good introduction of the city. Now we'll know what we want to do when we go there next time (^_^)

Now we got only two days left in Bulgaria, after that, a long and boring summer will continue, since I don't have any summer job or going elsewhere...

No comments: