Thursday 13 December 2007

Rising Stars


Last weekend, me and my mum went to the southern side of Sweden, Gothenburg (Göteborg). My youngest brother (to the right) was competing in Swedish Nationals for the first time. He had one opponent. After a good short program, he was leading. But his free program wasn't good at all, worse than usual. But he got good grades on the 'program components' so he won with a couple of points, but it was close that he'll not win. His coach wasn't satisfied after the free program, but anyway, he won his first nationals.

After the medal ceremony, I rushed to my brother with my camera, and asked the Swedish champion, Kristoffer Berntsson, if I could photograph him with my brother. Here's the result! And I'm very proud of this shot (^O^)

And next year, the World Figure Skating Championship is going to be held in the same arena, me and my brother are going to watch it! Sweden will have two skaters in the category 'men', and one skater in the category 'ladies'. Both Kristoffer Berntsson and Adrian Schultheiss are very good skaters now, Adrian is even comparable with Kristoffer (who ended up 9th last year in worlds!!), so I think there is great chances for Sweden now!! Haven't been like this for YEARS! And at last, we have great skaters in the competitions!

No comments: